CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 5, 2008

September 5




(some SolidWorks and ProE models I drafted)


























I declared my major yesterday. I have decided to go into Industrial Engineering and will obtain a minor in Industrial Technology. My decision to pursue this career path was based on my love for business and engineering. Industrial Engineers are basically process managers ranging from controlling material flow to human resources.


The Industrial Technology part stems from my degree that I just obtained from Indian Hills Community College, which was an A.A.S in Computer Aided Design and Vurtiual Reality Technology. This degree is based around CAD/CAM software such as ProEngineer, SolidWorks, Inventor, AutoCAD, and Rhino. These CAD/CAM courses are a large part of the Industrial Technology program, so hopefully I can have my credits from Indian Hills evaluated and put towards my minor.


This was a relief for me, because at my two years at Indian Hills I accumulated a total of 84 credits but ISU only recognized 34 and the Industrial Engineer program only recognized 18 of those 34. It sort of seemed like I wasted my last two years. Mabe I should have came strait to ISU after highschool, but oh well, such is life.


0 comments: